Getting to Know the “Dos” and “Don’ts” of Facebook Marketing
About 1.39 billion users are active on using Facebook and half of them log in every day. There are 5 newly-created profiles every second and approximately 30 million fan pages belong to businesses. On top of all this, about 1 billion Facebook searches are made every day.
Given all the statistics, it is important to use Facebook marketing strategies in order to catch up with the growing number of active Facebook users and fan pages.
While it is hard for marketers to build loyal followings on Facebook fan pages, knowing the “dos” and “don’ts” is essential for them to see what’s working and what’s not in the field of Facebook marketing.
This article will compile some of the important things to apply and the classic mistakes to avoid as a Facebook marketer.
- Draw fans by being authentic. Use Facebook to post original contents that should not be missed. In the end, let people know what makes a company stands out among the rest.
- Value customer service at all times. Satisfied customers keep coming back for more and might also end up recommending the business to their connections. In order to keep them coming back, a facebook marketer must be able to listen and quickly respond to customer queries.
- Set-up Facebook fan pages, not profile accounts. Using profile accounts for business is clearly a violation of Facebook policies. Also, Facebook pages have certain privileges on analytics, ads and apps which are not applicable in profile accounts. While facebook pages can accommodate unlimited fans, profile accounts can only accommodate 5,000 friends/connections.
- Develop solid posting strategies. Content and consistency are the two main keys to have a firm posting strategy. Identify the marketing goals first then come up with solid posting strategies that can achieve the ideal results.
- Understand customers’ needs by getting their feedbacks. What they will say is important for the improvement of products and services. There are a lot of ways for them to give feedbacks. Some of these include:
- Completing surveys
- Responding to posts
- Giving recommendations
Remember that investing time on reading customer feedbacks is good for any business.
- Never spam Facebook pages. Spamming people is worst thing to do in marketing because it can lead to the loss of followers and prospective customers.
It is important to mix up contents through sharing videos, quotes and articles as well as asking questions about particular issues. Contents that contain pushy marketing messages are considered as spams.
- Do not measure success through the number of likes. The real basis for having a successful Facebook page are the following: engagement, conversions and reach. Getting a lot of likes doesn’t equate to having connections. They are built through customer interactions.
- Do not be confined with using marketing strategies on Facebook alone. Relying solely on it is effective but integrating it with other marketing strategies of social media platforms is more effective. Doing cross-promotional strategies on various social media networks could expand the content’s reach.
Moving forward, it is essential to apply these “dos” and “don’ts” of Facebook marketing because Facebook isn’t definitely going anywhere.