After Bitshares and Steemit, Dan Larimer’s newest challenge EOS has additionally gathered a lot of consideration. Their record-setting crowdsale has already raised $300m and is constant for an additional 12 months. Dan joined us to debate his journey within the business, what connects the completely different tasks, how EOS works and the way the EOS crowdsale works.
Topics mentioned on this episode:
- A historical past of Dan’s earlier tasks Bitshares and Steemit
- How Dan is aware of when the time has come to maneuver to the following challenge
- Why they describe EOS as a decentralized working system
- The EOS method to scalability
- Benefits and disadvantages of the EOS price mannequin
- EOS’ Delegated Proof of Stake consensus
- How EOS handles malicious validators
- Addressing criticisms round EOS’s crowdsale phrases and governance construction
Links talked about on this episode:
- EOS Website
- EOS Whitepaper
- EOS Consensus Presentation May 2017 – YouTube
- Vitalik Buterin Criticisms of EOS
- Dan Larimer’s Response to Vitalik
- Ledger: Industry customary safety meets comfort and value with the Nano S – http://epicenter.tv/ledger
Support the present, contemplate donating:
- BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg (https://epicenter.tv/tipbtc)
- ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 (https://epicenter.tv/tipeth)
This episode can also be out there on :
Watch or hear, Epicenter is offered wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, S?ƒbastien Couture & Meher Roy.