Hebrew University lecturers Aviv Zohar and Yonatan Sompolinski joined us to debate their analysis on the forefront of blockchain know-how. We talked about their early proposals for scaling Bitcoin utilizing the GHOST protocol, which later impressed Ethereum. And then we mentioned SPECTRE and a brand new sort of community based mostly on directed acrylic graphs (DAG). DAGs abandon the blockchain knowledge construction to permit fixed technology of blocks that later get merged attaining block occasions of seconds and throughput many orders of magnitudes above present blockchain community.
Topics mentioned on this episode:
- How Aviv Zohar wrote one of many first tutorial papers on Bitcoin in 2011
- The GHOST protocol and the way it may enable a lot quicker block occasions
- The distinction between what Ethereum constructed and the GHOST protocol
- Why DAG (Directed Acrylic Graphs) have huge benefits over blockchains
- Towards huge on-chain scaling and pace with the SPECTRE Protocol
- Their view on current DAG-based networks like IOTA and Byteball
Links talked about on this episode:
- SPECTRE Medium Post
- SPECTRE (full paper)
- Accelerating Bitcoin’s Transactions
- Inclusive Blockchain Protocols
- On Bitcoin and Red Balloons
- Aviv’s Website
- Yonatan’s Website
- iPrize: International startup competitors to construct the Machine Economy – http://epicenter.tv/iprize
Support the present, contemplate donating:
- BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg (https://epicenter.tv/tipbtc)
- ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 (https://epicenter.tv/tipeth)
Watch or pay attention, Epicenter is on the market wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, S?ƒbastien Couture & Meher Roy.