After years of what has appeared like an limitless debate, bitcoin could also be at a vital turning level in its comparatively brief lifetime. The query community scalability has divided the group into a number of factions that are seemingly irreconcilable. However, in just some weeks, the way forward for bitcoin could also be determined as miners and customers throw their assist behind one among many proposals to propel the bitcoin community into a brand new period.
Bitcoin Developer and Principal Architect at Paxos, Jimmy Song, joins us to debate the completely different scalability proposals for which miners are presently signaling their assist. Among others, Segregated Witness (BIP 141), Emergent Consensus (Bitcoin Unlimited) and SegWit2x (The New York Agreement), are gaining important traction amongst miners. Will one among these proposals acquire majority assist, permitting for the community to improve with relative ease, or will we enter a state of affairs the place one proposal is backed by a powerful minority of customers, probably forking the community into two?
Topics mentioned on this episode:
- Jimmy’s background as a Bitcoin Developer and former VP of Engineering at Armory
- A broad overview of bitcoin community’s present state of affairs
- An overview of the completely different scaling proposals for which miners are signaling their assist
- Important dates arising in July and August of 2017
- The distinction between Segregated Witness and SegWit2x
- The UASF and the way it might have an effect on SegWit2x implementation
Links talked about on this episode:
- BIP91: The SegWit Activation “”Kludge”” That Should Keep Bitcoin Whole
- Examining Bitmain?’?s Press Release
- BIP 148 UASF Q&A
- Greg Maxwell: “”a hasty snapshot of a few of my views””
- UAHF: A contingency plan against UASF (BIP148)
- How to Give Everyone More Control
- “”Bitcoin Scaling Agreement at Consensus 2017
- Bitcoin, UASF and Skin in the Game
- UASF BIP148 Scenarios and Game Theory
- Why the UASF Segwit Scenario is Hopelessly Naive
- Ledger: Industry commonplace safety meets comfort and usefulness with the Nano S – http://epicenter.tv/ledger
- Shapeshift: Buy and promote alt cash immediately and securely with no centralized trade – http://epicenter.tv/shapeshift
Support the present, take into account donating:
- BTC: 1CD83r9EzFinDNWwmRW4ssgCbhsM5bxXwg (https://epicenter.tv/tipbtc)
- ETH: 0x8cdb49ca5103Ce06717C4daBBFD4857183f50935 (https://epicenter.tv/tipeth)
This episode can also be obtainable on :
Watch or hear, Epicenter is out there wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, S?ƒbastien Couture & Meher Roy.