Our regulatory knowledgeable Si?ƒn Jones joined us to debate her work on a regulatory framework for distributed ledger know-how (DLT) for Gibraltar. We focus on how the framework differs from different efforts and goals to draw relatively than curtail blockchain companies. We additionally coated why the speedy modifications require the flexibleness of a principle-based strategy to regulation. Finally, we mentioned present tendencies round ICOs and the way they may very well be impacted by regulation.
Topics mentioned on this episode:
- How the Gibraltar DLT Regulatory Framework took place
- How Gibraltar’s strategy differs from others like BitLicense
- Why a principle-based strategy is preferable for know-how regulation
- Why the framework focuses on custodial companies, not decentralized protocols
- The path from proposal to regulation
- Recent tendencies in how ICOs are performed
- Why principle-based regulation may enhance the ICO market
Links talked about on this episode:
- Proposals for a DLT Regulatory Framework
- Want To Hold An ICO? CoinList Makes It Easy — And Legal
- Thoughts on Tokens by Balaji S. Srinivasan
- Jaxx: Wallets that Unify the Blockchain Experience Across Devices – http://jaxx.io
This episode can also be out there on :
Watch or pay attention, Epicenter is obtainable wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, S?ƒbastien Couture & Meher Roy.