Years into the good Bitcoin scaling debate no answer is in attain. Neither larger blocks nor Segregated Witness have wherever close to consensus assist. With the battle escalating, a Bitcoin fork has change into an actual risk.
Topics mentioned on this episode:
Possible outcomes embody that Bitcoin Unlimited positive factors a majority of hashing energy and begins mining larger blocks. In the occasion of a fork, a proof-of-work change may very well be accomplished to defend the minority chain from miner assaults. And recently a proposal was introduced ahead to activate SegWit with out the assist of the hashing energy.
- Thomas Voegtlin, developer of the favored Electrum Wallet, joined us to make clear these advanced points and share his perspective on one of the best ways ahead.
- ASICBoost and its potential function within the battle
- How a Bitcoin fork might occur
- How to separate cash in case of a fork
- How UASF may very well be used to activate SegWit with out miner assist
- Requirements for UASF to be protected
- How Electrum would deal with a fork
Links talked about on this episode:
- Electrum Bitcoin Wallet
- ASICBoost ?'” Hacker Noon
- Bitcoin’s New Controversy: The AsicBoost Allegations Explained – CoinDesk
- Timo Hanke on ASICBoost and SegWit Non-Activation
- From AsicBoost to UASF: Greg Maxwell on Bitcoin’s Path Forward – CoinDesk
- [bitcoin-dev] Thomas Voegtlin: Soft Fork Threshold Signaling Proposal
- UASF Working Group
- [bitcoin-dev] Greg Maxwell: I do not support the BIP 148 UASF
- Thomas Voegtlin: Electrum, SPV Wallets And Bitcoin Aliases ?'” Epicenter
- Jaxx: Wallets that Unify the Blockchain Experience Across Devices – http://jaxx.io
This episode can also be out there on :
Watch or pay attention, Epicenter is obtainable wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, S?ƒbastien Couture & Meher Roy.