Support the present, contemplate donating: 1TonpBUGNCtBJm82a8K5hwiym5zVaQPDq (http://bit.ly/2mu3ptS)
Writing his school thesis on Bitcoin in 2012 and changing into Coinbase’s first worker in 2013, Olaf Carlson-Wee has been on the forefront of cryptocurrency for a few years. Recently, he left Coinbase to begin Polychain Capital, a hedge fund centered solely on investing in cryptocurrencies and protocol tokens. Olaf joined us to debate his journey within the business and the funding thesis behing Polychain.
Topics mentioned on this episode:
- How Olaf Carlson-Wee turned Coinbase’s first worker
- The funding thesis behind Polychain Capital
- Why protocol tokens symbolize an enormous funding alternative
- The present state of tokensales
- Why the blockchain crowdfunding campaigns will begin resembling VC deal construction
- His view on the state of the Bitcoin community and group
Links talked about on this episode:
- [Polychain Capital](http://polychain.capital )
- Beyond Bitcoin: The future of cryptocurrencies – The Signal
- Bitcoin Will Never Be a Currency?'”It’s Something Way Weirder | WIRED
- The Golden Age Of Open Protocols ?'” AVC
- Blockchain Tokens and the dawn of the Decentralized Business Model
- Fat Protocols | Union Square Ventures
- a16z and USV invest $10m in new digital asset hedge fund
- The future is a decentralized internet | TechCrunch
- Jaxx: Wallets that Unify the Blockchain Experience Across Devices – http://jaxx.io
This episode can be accessible on :
Watch or pay attention, Epicenter is obtainable wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, S?ƒbastien Couture & Meher Roy.