“A road map for investing that I have now been following for 57 years.”
–From the Foreword by Warren E. Buffett
First printed in 1934, Security Analysis is among the most influential monetary books ever written. Selling multiple million copies by means of 5 editions, it has supplied generations of buyers with the timeless worth investing philosophy and strategies of Benjamin Graham and David L. Dodd.
As related immediately as after they first appeared almost 75 years in the past, the teachings of Benjamin Graham, “the father of value investing,” have withstood the take a look at of time throughout a large variety of market situations, nations, and asset courses.
This new sixth version, primarily based on the traditional 1940 model, is enhanced with 200 further pages of commentary from a few of immediately’s main Wall Street cash managers. These masters of worth investing clarify why the rules and strategies of Graham and Dodd are nonetheless extremely related even in immediately’s vastly totally different markets. The contributor record contains:
- Seth A. Klarman, president of The Baupost Group, L.L.C. and writer of Margin of Safety
- James Grant, founding father of Grant’s Interest Rate Observer, common accomplice of Nippon Partners
- Jeffrey M. Laderman, twenty-five 12 months veteran of BusinessWeek
- Roger Lowenstein, writer of Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist and When America Aged and Outside Director, Sequoia Fund
- Howard S. Marks, CFA, Chairman and Co-Founder, Oaktree Capital Management L.P.
- J. Ezra Merkin, Managing Partner, Gabriel Capital Group .
- Bruce Berkowitz, Founder, Fairholme Capital Management.
- Glenn H. Greenberg, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Chieftain Capital Management
- Bruce Greenwald, Robert Heilbrunn Professor of Finance and Asset Management, Columbia Business School
- David Abrams, Managing Member, Abrams Capital
Featuring a foreword by Warren E. Buffett (by which he reveals that he has learn the 1940 masterwork “at least four times”), this re-creation of Security Analysis will reacquaint you with the foundations of worth investing―extra related than ever within the tumultuous 21st century markets.